If you’re looking for a credit card that can convert your credit limit to cash and allows you to pay in easy installments of up to 36 months, you don’t need to look too far. The BDO Installment Card offers financial flexibility and accessible cash whenever you need it. Learn more about its features and how you can get one in this Moneysmart review.
BDO Installment Card at a glance
|Minimum fixed income requirement||120,000 PHP for employed or salaried
400,000 PHP for self-employed / professionals
|Maximum cash availment||995,000 PHP|
|Minimum cash availment||10,000 PHP|
|Tenor||6, 12, 18, 24, 36 months (pay the same amount every month)|
|Monthly effective interest rate||2%|
|Annual membership fee||1,000 PHP|
What you can enjoy with your BDO Installment Card
You can convert 100% of your credit limit and avail it in cash which you can pay in installments of 6 up to 36 months
Get cash in over 1,000 BDO branches all over the Philippines, call the cash availment hotline, send an SMS request, or click ‘Avail Cash” online.
Your credit limit automatically gets refreshed whenever you make a payment, and you can avail again anytime up to your available credit limit
It offers financial flexibility where you can choose how much and when you want to avail from your credit limit.
Application is hassle free. There’s no need to pay for processing fees or to declare co-makers or have collaterals.
At just 2% interest rate per month, it offers one of the lowest monthly effective interest rates.
How to apply for a BDO Installment Card
Who is eligible to apply?
- Filipino citizens or permanent residents (living in the Philippines for the last 2 years) who are 21 years old and older but not older than 70 years old when the card expires
- Salaried employees earning a fixed income of 120,000 PHP or self-employed individuals/professionals earning 400,000 PHP
- Must be employed at a business operating for more than 2 years
- Must have a mobile phone and landline at office or residence
- Should be working or living near a BDO branch
What are the requirements?
You will be required to present proof of identification and proof of income. For the accepted valid IDs and income documents, you can refer to the list below:
|Proof of Identification (Filipinos)||Proof of Identification (Foreigners)|
|Proof of Income (Employed)||Proof of Income (Self-Employed)|
How to make a cash availment
There are 3 ways to avail cash with your BDO Installment Card:
- Type INST and send it to 225678 for all networks.
- Select option #3 for Cash Availment and reply with your Last Name, First Name, and Middle Name.
- You will also need to provide the last 4 digits of your BDO Installment Card and other relevant contact details. A representative from BDO will contact you to complete your request within 24 hours from Monday to Friday between 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Via the Cash Availment Hotline
- Just call +632 8688 1212 to make the request.
Via a branch visit
- Go to any BDO branch that you prefer with 2 valid IDs and fill out the Cash Availment Form.
Cash availment amortization calculator
Check out this sample amortization for a cash availment amount of 15,000 PHP. You can find the amount that you need to pay monthly for 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months.
Image screenshot from www.bdo.com.ph
The BDO Installment Card is a great credit card to have because of its flexible payment terms (up to 36 months), low annual fees, and low monthly interest rates. Its most useful feature is that if you need cash for emergencies, you don’t need to apply for a personal loan elsewhere. You can just opt to use your card’s revolving credit.
Of course, to be able to keep using the cash availment feature, you need to fully pay off your monthly amortizations. If you think you will be availing cash again in the near future, choose a tenor of 6 months instead of 36. But just like with any credit card, use it responsibly and pay your dues on time.
Is the BDO Installment Card something that you’d like to have in the future? Or do you own one now? What’s one feature that you like most about it? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!