If you’re looking for the best credit cards for overseas and foreign currency spending, you’ve come to the right place.
We have picked out credit cards in the Philippines that you can use whenever you fly to an international destination and decide to splurge on shopping, dining, or entertainment.
These credit cards can help you save money while earning reward points for your purchases. Others have no foreign transaction fees, while others offer exclusive travel-related perks.
BPI Family Credit Card
It’s a no-frills credit card. It’s perfect for people who travel often and just want a credit card that they can use whenever, wherever, and for whatever purpose.
Wherever you are in the world, you can count on this card to pay for your purchases. If you don’t want to carry a lot of cash with you, you can simply use this card for hotel or restaurant expenses, car rentals, or even tour and entertainment packages.
- Low foreign currency rate of 1.85%
- Annual fee of 1,000 PHP
- Finance charge of 2%
- Cash advance of up to 30% of the credit limit
BDO JCB Platinum
Do you own a BDO JCB Platinum credit card? Enjoy up to 8% rebate when you travel to Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Korea until December 31, 2019 and spend 20,000 PHP.
You also earn one point for every 40 PHP you spend. These points can then be converted to miles, vouchers, and annual fee waivers.
Points don’t expire, so you have the option to just keep earning and collecting for that big trip with the family, that dream honeymoon, or that solo trip you have been planning for ages.
- Free travel insurance with coverage of up to 20 million PHP
- Free annual fee on the first year
- Waived annual fees with 600,000 PHP spend for the year
- Up to 6 supplementary cards with free annual fees for life
- Access to JCB airport lounges in Thailand, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Japan, and Hawaii
BDO American Express Platinum
It’s the best credit card to use when you’re overseas because of its Dual Currency Billing feature.
You don’t need to stress about converting your payments from PHP to USD. You also have the option to convert your purchases into monthly installments in PHP or USD. Not bad, especially when you buy high-ticket items in international retail stores.
- Access to airport lounges in NAIA Terminals 1 and 3 and Clark International Airport
- Award-winning membership rewards program
- Global concierge service 24/7
- Up to 20 million PHP travel and accident insurance
- Global travel assistance
Security Bank Platinum Mastercard
The Security Bank Platinum Mastercard also has a dual currency feature. When you travel abroad and spend on food, shopping, hotels, or entertainment, you can pay for everything in USD instead of PHP.
This is great because you don’t need to worry about running out of cash and looking for the nearest foreign exchange place. You also don’t need to pay for any foreign currency transaction fees.
- Separate billing statements for your overseas purchases
- 1 reward point for every 20 PHP spend
- Lounge access in over 500 airports with LoungeKey
- Travel insurance
- Mastercard Traveler Rewards (cashback offers from participating merchants overseas)
- Global concierge services
BPI Visa Signature Card
If you want to own a premium credit card that also offers low exchange rates, the BPI Visa Signature card is just right for you.
Whenever you use this card for purchases abroad, you enjoy a conversion rate of 1.85%, lower compared to other credit cards.
Cardholders also enjoy special exchange rates at any BPI branch.
You can purchase your plane tickets or book car rentals and hotel accommodations through BPI myVoyage where you have the option to use your points as well.
- Special exchange rates for foreign currency purchases at any BPI branch
- Up to 20 million PHP travel insurance coverage
- 24/7 worldwide concierge services
- Rewards from My BPI Rewards and Real Thrills Rewards Premium catalogues
- Limo transfers and lounge access at airports
- El Nido Resorts room upgrade
- 50% discount at partner merchants
Metrobank Travel Platinum Visa
It’s the credit card with complete travel features and lets you earn one mile for every 17 PHP you spend overseas, making it the best credit card in the market for accumulating air miles.
Pay for airline tickets and hotel accommodations with your Metrobank Travel Platinum Visa card. Enjoy exclusive priority pass memberships in different airport lounges worldwide, too.
More importantly, you can travel worry-free because you are covered up to 5 million PHP in travel insurance as well.
- Exclusive travel offers
- Free annual fees for first supplementary card
- 50% discount at Midas Hotel and Casino
- 30% discount at The Lind Boracay
- Free gifts and special deals at partner M Here establishments
PNB Mabuhay Miles World Mastercard
If you only fly via Philippine Airlines, you can get the most out of the PNB Mabuhay Miles World Mastercard.
For starters, you automatically receive 2,000 Mabuhay Miles upon card activation. And when you accumulate 100,000 PHP worth of transactions in Philippine Airlines within your first year, you receive 10,000 Mabuhay Miles.
Earn regular miles with every 30 PHP spend, and enjoy a 5% discount on select flights via Philippine Airlines when you book them at the official website.
- Free travel insurance with coverage of up to 10 million PHP
- Purchase Protection Insurance
- Dual billing flexibility
- 24/7 customer service
BDO American Express Cash Back
It’s a great credit card for people who love to travel and shop abroad. You get 2% rebate on all purchases you make overseas and 1% rebate for all transactions here.
Get exclusive offers from all around the world that you can only avail from American Express Selects. It’s great for people who love to shop, dine, and have fun whichever part of the world they may be.
You also get access to American Express Invites — perfect for the foodie or wine lover with discriminating tastes.
- No minimum spend to avail of cashbacks
- No cap on rebates
- 24/7 global customer service and travel assistance
- Waived annual fee for the next year with a 200,000 PHP annual spend
RCBC Bankard Visa Infinite Card
Do you love to shop whenever you travel overseas? This credit card offers 5% rebates all year round for clothing and apparel purchases here and abroad.
You also earn one reward point for every 36 PHP you spend. When you have collected enough points, you can choose to redeem air miles, cash rebates, or shopping vouchers.
Earn as many reward points as you can and save them for as long as you want. Your rewards will never expire!
- Skyview Lounge access in NAIA Terminal 3
- Purchase protection
- Travel insurance coverage of up to 1 million PHP
- Zero interest installment for international purchases
Filipinos who travel overseas a lot need a reliable credit card that can be used for international purchases. With all these credit card choices, which one do you think you’ll go for?